What is a workplace accident?

A workplace accident or occupational accident is exactly what it sounds like; an accident that occurs while working or at work which can lead to physical or mental issues and injuries. According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), more than 337 million workplace accidents happen each year, which contribute to more than 2.3 million workplace deaths annually.

What to do after a Workplace Accident?

  • See your doctor immediately or go to the hospital to document that your injury is work related.
  • Report your accident to your employer and fill out any appropriate forms to start the WCB claim process.
  • WCB will send you paperwork after several days, if you do not receive anything, please call WorkSafe BC at 1-888-621-7233.
  • Once your claim is approved, we can start treatment.
  • Give us a call to book your initial assessment. Make sure to mention that your injury is work related when booking your appointment and checking in.

We can help you return to work after an accident

Our multidisciplinary team or physiotherapists, occupational therapists and other practitioners can provide a comprehensive Gradual Return-to-work (GRTW) program. Our team of physiotherapist are experienced in treating workplace injuries from chronic pain (i.e. Carpal tunnel syndrome), acute pain (sore back from lifting), and more serious injuries that require a longer treatment plan. With a caring and supportive approach, we are committed to helping you return to work in a health, happy and pain free manner.


We can help:

  • Relieve your pain
  • Strengthen you core
  • Improve flexibility
  • Improve functional abilities
  • Coordinate your return to work
  • Provide workplace ergonomic advice
  • Provide workplace injury prevention
workplace accident injuries in new westminster and surrey

Cost Coverage, Insurance and Benefits

Most health insurance providers will partially or fully cover services like physiotherapy, occupational therapy, kinesiology, massage therapy, psychology, clinical counselling and acupuncture.

A portion or all of your treatment fees could be covered, depending on if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, have a worker’s compensation claim or extended health benefits.

Call Mountainview Health and Wellness today. Our staff can help you find out what you’re covered for, which could include:

  • ICBC insurance
  • Third-party insurance
  • WCB insurance
  • Extended health benefits

We accept all major credit cards, debit and cash.

As of April 1st, ICBC has increased the number of pre-approved health services you are entitled to. What this means for you is increased care in case you are injured in a motor vehicle accident.

Call us today to find out what you’re covered for.

New Westminster: (604) 544-5062

Have any questions? Call us today!

New Westminster: (604) 544-5062

We accept insurance from most providers which includes:

green shield canada
ssc insurance
pacific blue cross

Our latest insights

Tennis Elbow
The 10 Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
What is Tennis Elbow? Despite its name, athletes are not the only people who develop Tennis Elbow. The painful condition that carries the name ‘Tennis Elbow’ (lateral epicondylitis) occurs primarily where the tendons of your forearm are overloaded and muscles attach to a bony bump on the outside of your elbow. Pain can also spread [...]
Signs telling you to go see a physiotherapist!

Don’t ignore the signs that tell you to go see a Physiotherapist!   Often people are not listening to their body when it is telling them something. When being injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident, something happened at work that caused a discomfort, you pulled something when exercising, or got injured any other way, we […]

Motor Vehicle Accident
Have you been in a Motor Vehicle Accident?

Summer is here and the weather is nicer. Meaning, we want to get out! We are finding ourselves in Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and our province has opened up a bit. This means more people are on the road. Of course we all want to enjoy the summer within the recommendations, and this […]

Our practitioners are all licensed and registered

physiotherapy association of bc

Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC)

canadian association of occupational therapists

Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – BC (CAOT-BC)

bc association of kinesiologists

BC Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK)

registered massage therapists association of bc

Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC (RMTBC)

bc psychological association

BC Psychological Association (BCPA)

bc association of clinical counsellors

BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)