What is a workplace accident?
A workplace accident or occupational accident is exactly what it sounds like; an accident that occurs while working or at work which can lead to physical or mental issues and injuries. According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), more than 337 million workplace accidents happen each year, which contribute to more than 2.3 million workplace deaths annually.
What to do after a Workplace Accident?
- See your doctor immediately or go to the hospital to document that your injury is work related.
- Report your accident to your employer and fill out any appropriate forms to start the WCB claim process.
- WCB will send you paperwork after several days, if you do not receive anything, please call WorkSafe BC at 1-888-621-7233.
- Once your claim is approved, we can start treatment.
- Give us a call to book your initial assessment. Make sure to mention that your injury is work related when booking your appointment and checking in.
We can help you return to work after an accident
Our multidisciplinary team or physiotherapists, occupational therapists and other practitioners can provide a comprehensive Gradual Return-to-work (GRTW) program. Our team of physiotherapist are experienced in treating workplace injuries from chronic pain (i.e. Carpal tunnel syndrome), acute pain (sore back from lifting), and more serious injuries that require a longer treatment plan. With a caring and supportive approach, we are committed to helping you return to work in a health, happy and pain free manner.
We can help:
- Relieve your pain
- Strengthen you core
- Improve flexibility
- Improve functional abilities
- Coordinate your return to work
- Provide workplace ergonomic advice
- Provide workplace injury prevention
We accept insurance from most providers which includes:
Our practitioners are all licensed and registered
Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC)
Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – BC (CAOT-BC)
BC Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK)
Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC (RMTBC)
BC Psychological Association (BCPA)
BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)