What is psychology?
Psychology is the study of the mind, how it works, and how it might affect behavior. Psychologists primarily assess and treat mental health problems; however, they are also able to help people understand and solve problems in other areas of their life.
How can psychology help me?
Our team of psychologists at Mountainview Health & Wellness can help you in many different areas of your life such as:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Independent Medical Evaluation (IME)
- Workplace integration (post injury)
- Motor vehicle accident trauma
- Anxiety & Depression
- Pain management
- Stress management
- Family, relationship and sexuality issues
- Cope with grief and loss
- Life coaching
- Mental disorders – bipolar, major depressive, schizophrenia, PTSD
- Habits and addictions
What to expect during a session with one of our psychologists?
Our psychologists create a customized treatment plan depending on your needs. They begin by asking several different questions which can include things like:
- What made you seek a psychologist
- What you think your problem is
- When your problem started
- What makes your problem better or worse
- Experiences growing up
- Education and work history
- Personal and family life
- If you are on medication or use alcohol or drugs
Call us today to learn more or book an appointment now.
We accept insurance from most providers which includes:
Our practitioners are all licensed and registered
Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC)
Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – BC (CAOT-BC)
BC Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK)
Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC (RMTBC)
BC Psychological Association (BCPA)
BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)