What is a Physician?

Physicians prevent, diagnose injuries, and treat various diseases in order to improve their patients overall health. Physicians review patients medical history and medications, as well as identifying symptoms and develop a treatment plan. They will also educate patients on medical conditions and preventative care when possible and conduct routine checkups and/or physical examinations. When needed, the physician refers the patient to a Specialist for further examination and/or treatment.


Physicians are essentially divided into two groups of health practitioners:
General Practice Physicians and Specialist Physicians.


General Practice Physicians (more commonly referred to as General Practitioners or Family Physicians) are not specialists in just one area of expertise, which means they are able to diagnose and treat general illnesses, but will refer patients to Specialist Physicians whenever the disease/disorder needs further medical attention.


Specialist Physicians can specialize in clinical medicine, where they diagnose and treat specific illnesses and health issues related to their field of expertise.

Physicians are accepting ICBC Patients.

Call Mountainview Health and Wellness to make an appointment for a full assessment of your injury by a physician who will, develop a treatment plan and write an assessment report that includes information about your injuries and recommended treatment plan. These reports help your claim representative to better understand your diagnosis and support your recovery.

Pre-Approved under ICBC / WCB claims are treatments by:
  • Physiotherapist
  • Chiropractor,
  • Registered Massage Therapist
  • Kinesiologist
  • Psychologist
  • Clinical Counselor
  • Acupuncturist

Cost Coverage, Insurance and Benefits

Most health insurance providers will partially or fully cover services like physiotherapy, occupational therapy, kinesiology, massage therapy, psychology, clinical counselling and acupuncture.

A portion or all of your treatment fees could be covered, depending on if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, have a worker’s compensation claim or extended health benefits.

Call Mountainview Health and Wellness today. Our staff can help you find out what you’re covered for, which could include:

  • ICBC insurance
  • Third-party insurance
  • WCB insurance
  • Extended health benefits

We accept all major credit cards, debit and cash.

As of April 1st, ICBC has increased the number of pre-approved health services you are entitled to. What this means for you is increased care in case you are injured in a motor vehicle accident.

Call us today to find out what you’re covered for.

New Westminster: (604) 544-5062

Have any questions? Call us today!

New Westminster: (604) 544-5062

We accept insurance from most providers which includes:

green shield canada
ssc insurance
pacific blue cross

Our latest insights

Virtual Care during the COVID-19 pandemic

COVID-19 made the world a different place which might continue for an unforeseen time. For many people this uncertainty brings extra challenges. Are you experiencing, heightened awareness, concerns, anxiety, fear or are just feeling lost? This time can be even more stressful when having a pre-existing medical condition, was in the process of rehabilitation or […]

Kinesiologist new westminster
What Is Kinesiology And What Does It Do?

Kinesiology is the study of the mechanics of body movements and kinesiologists are therapists who are musculoskeletal and biomechanical health professionals. [1] Perhaps the most important role they play is to reduce the chance the likelihood of injuries occurring in the future as well as care for post injury and surgery. Kinesiologists also help restore […]

Fall prevention for seniors
3 Signs You May Need Physiotherapy

1. You Are Losing Balance As you get older, it is common to lose balance or to feel dizzy. It is often caused by disturbance inside your ear. I also had these symptoms in the past and there was nothing I could do except lying down on my bed. There is a physiotherapy treatment called […]

Our practitioners are all licensed and registered

canadian association of occupational therapists

Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – BC (CAOT-BC)

bc association of kinesiologists

BC Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK)

registered massage therapists association of bc

Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC (RMTBC)

bc psychological association

BC Psychological Association (BCPA)

bc association of clinical counsellors

BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)