What is an RCA Physician?

Registered Care Advisors or RCA Physicians are doctors registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC, that provide expedited medical care to patients suffering from motor vehicle accident injuries from an auto crash. RCA physicians are competent at diagnosing, musculoskeletal injuries, acute and chronic pain, mental health issues and other psychosocial issues. RCA physicians assess patients and determine their treatment plans using evidence-informed practices to establish a diagnosis and provide treatments. The physician will then be able to advise the patients’ regular family doctors on the best course of action.

What to expect from our RCA physicians?

After a motor vehicle accident, the treating physician might refer a patient to an RCA  physician for an assessment when they require a second opinion on the diagnosis and treatment plan. This will take place within 90 days of the accident that caused the injury. The treating physician and RCA physician will communicate to ensure the patient is provided with the most appropriate care.

Visit one clinic for both diagnosis and treatment instead of two

Mountainview Health and Wellness has RCA physicians that work at the same clinic location in a separate capacity. This enables patients who have suffered from a motor vehicle accident to be able to visit one facility to get all their needs taken care of, instead of going to multiple places for diagnosis and treatment.

Mountainview Health and Wellness offers the following treatments approved by ICBC and WCB
  • Physiotherapy
  • Chiropractic
  • Registered Massage Therapy
  • Kinesiology
  • Psychology
  • Clinical Counselling
  • Acupuncture

For a referral to an RCA physician please call:

New Westminster: (604) 555-2587

Cost Coverage, Insurance and Benefits

Most health insurance providers will partially or fully cover services like physiotherapy, occupational therapy, kinesiology, massage therapy, psychology, clinical counselling and acupuncture.

A portion or all of your treatment fees could be covered, depending on if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, have a worker’s compensation claim or extended health benefits.

Call Mountainview Health and Wellness today. Our staff can help you find out what you’re covered for, which could include:

  • ICBC insurance
  • Third-party insurance
  • WCB insurance
  • Extended health benefits

We accept all major credit cards, debit and cash.

ICBC has increased the number of pre-approved health services you are entitled to. What this means for you is increased care in case you are injured in a motor vehicle accident.

Call us today to find out what you’re covered for.

New Westminster: (604) 544-5062

Have any questions? Call us today!

New Westminster: (604) 544-5062

We accept insurance from most providers which includes:

green shield canada
ssc insurance
pacific blue cross

Our latest insights

Tennis Elbow
The 10 Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
What is Tennis Elbow? Despite its name, athletes are not the only people who develop Tennis Elbow. The painful condition that carries the name ‘Tennis Elbow’ (lateral epicondylitis) occurs primarily where the tendons of your forearm are overloaded and muscles attach to a bony bump on the outside of your elbow. Pain can also spread [...]
Signs telling you to go see a physiotherapist!

Don’t ignore the signs that tell you to go see a Physiotherapist!   Often people are not listening to their body when it is telling them something. When being injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident, something happened at work that caused a discomfort, you pulled something when exercising, or got injured any other way, we […]

Motor Vehicle Accident
Have you been in a Motor Vehicle Accident?

Summer is here and the weather is nicer. Meaning, we want to get out! We are finding ourselves in Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and our province has opened up a bit. This means more people are on the road. Of course we all want to enjoy the summer within the recommendations, and this […]

Our practitioners are all licensed and registered

canadian association of occupational therapists

Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – BC (CAOT-BC)

bc association of kinesiologists

BC Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK)

registered massage therapists association of bc

Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC (RMTBC)

bc psychological association

BC Psychological Association (BCPA)

bc association of clinical counsellors

BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)